Sunday, 12 July 2015

Entering Heaven at the Great George Hotel


Today I haven taken a step into Heaven on Earth by entering the Great George Hotel, directly at the historic heart of Downtown Charlottetown, PEI. The whole experience can sheerly be described as nothing less than the divine and designs a totally new definition to the word hospitality. A property that I have had my eye on for some time, this Inn has made a significant footprint in the world of international travel, which to me, spells a one-of-a-kind encounter with luxury.

Even from the doorway, I can see how the finite attention to detail which drives the Great George has welcomed everyone from the stars of stage and screen to your next door neighbors. It's a quality that anyone, even the most discerning of hoteliers can appreciate with reverent awe. The lobby is a reflection of the Hotel's deep historic roots and hosts a vast seating area appointed with beautiful antiques, an fireplace cased in rich, warm wood and local art to captivate the imagination and see what inspires this Island's locals. Currently I'm lounging in one of their massive leather sofas, listening to atmospheric music and having fresh coffee with a gourmet cookie.


Award winning isn't a good enough phrase to describe to you the Great George's accolades. As a world class hotel, highly decorated is more of a description to use, considering they have received so many awards in the department of excellence to be easily consisted the most elite accommodation of its' kind in Canada's Atlantic provinces.


At my check in I immediately recognized that the staff here have a true, genuine love for the Great George Hotel and care deeply about the experience their guests receive. As if the hotel were their personal home, this special quality of theirs is a precious and priceless addition to the already exceptional nature of the Great George Hotel. Mike, Amy and Katie who I met upon entering were welcoming and accommodating with smiles and an immediate connection that felt like friendship. The hospitality that PEI is so famous for is accented by a gentle professionalism and deep understanding of what their clientele are seeking upon a Great George retreat. The Manager and Concierge, Ian is, to me, is practically the Great George personified. His personality is as warm and colorful as the Inn he cares for and the understand of the property that he possesses is one clearly born from a love of this place. I had a lovely chat with him and I am looking forward to the historic walking tour that he is hosting early this evening.


In fact, I'll be on my way in just moments for this complimentary walking tour that will be steeping me and my fellow guests in the history of Great George Street. One of the most significant streets in Charlottetown, it has been the pathway for Royalty, Cirque du Soleil, countless talented artists and even the very men who founded Canada.

Later on you'll hear about my outstanding Suite on the Great George's top floor, which is beyond anything I could have imagined when it comes to even the very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment